Jesus Tomb Nonsense News
(How Dumb Will Scholars Make it Look Today?)
NEW - My
friend Randy Ingermanson, a PhD computational physicist, shows why the statistical
analysis promoted by the promoters of the Jesus Tomb is flawed - in plain
1. New Testament scholar Ben Witherington's blog - some lengthy, substantive (but readable for the non-scholar) critiques:
Part 1, Part 2 Part 3 (the "smoking gun" against the idea that the alleged Jesus tomb had a missing ossuary, and that ossuary is the James ossuary)
And for good measure, Dr. Witherington had already blogged about James Tabor's "Jesus Dynasty" theory that people are associating with the ossuary:
Part 1, Part 2
2. Professor Steve Pfann, a friend of mine and expert in the Dead Sea Scrolls and early Christianity chimes in here.
3. Archaeologists Bill Dever and Amos Kloner take some pretty direct shots - and Kloner was the original excavator of the tomb.
4. New Testament scholar Richard Bauckham makes the people who wrote the book to go with Cameron's documentary look dumb here (scroll down past the pyramid nonsense).
5. Another post by Bauckham discussing the names, especially the "Mary names."
6. Some interesting thoughts on the DNA work.
7. No, the James ossuary of several years ago was not taken from this tomb.
Bookmark this page for a central location for Jesus ossuary posts.
Recommended Books for Wading Through Silly Revisionist Jesus Research (these are scholars whose work you can trust; I know three of them personally):
Ben Witherington, What Have They Done with Jesus?: Beyond Strange Theories and Bad History--Why We Can Trust the Bible
Craig Evans, Fabricating Jesus: How Modern Scholars Distort the Gospels
Darrell Bock, The Missing Gospels: Unearthing the Truth Behind Alternative Christianities
Peter Jones, Stolen Identity: The Conspiracy to Reinvent Jesus